Ambulatory phlebectomy is a minimally invasive treatment method to banish varicose veins, offered by our Houston vascular surgeons at Metro Vein Centers. The treatment may be used along with other methods to simultaneously treat underlying venous reflux that may be the source of your vein disease. The ambulatory phlebectomy vein treatment is designed to eliminate varicose veins, along with all the unpleasant symptoms associated with them.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Microphlebectomy
Advantages of the ambulatory phlebectomy procedure (also called microphlebectomy) include:
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure that requires only local anesthetic.
- Local anesthetic effect lasts several hours to control any post-procedure pain.
- You can walk in, get rid of your varicose veins, and walk out to continue your day.
- No stitches are required to close the tiny, micro-incisions used to remove your varicose veins.
- Little to no scarring due to tiny incisions.
- Treats and removes the most obvious varicose veins: those that bulge our from your leg and appear knotted.
- You’ll notice immediate results in leg appearance and reduced symptoms.
- Decreases risk of blood clots.
What to Expect During Your Procedure: Ambulatory Phlebectomy in Houston TX
As a first step, the target veins are outlined on your skin and local anesthetic is injected into the area. Once the procedure area is numbed, our vascular surgeon makes tiny incisions (of less than 3 mm each), through which the diseased vein is removed in small sections. Butterfly closures (surgical tape strips) are typically sufficient to close the incisions, with no stitches required.
Varicose Vein Treatment Results:
Immediate results typically leave dramatically smooth skin–in place of the formerly bulging, knotty veins. Varicose veins symptoms are generally also a thing of the past after your microphlebectomy at our Sugar Land vein clinic. You’ll enjoy relief from varicose veins symptoms like: aching, heavy-feeling legs, burning sensations, itching, swelling, muscle cramping and more.
Minimal aftercare consists of wearing compression stockings as bruising and swelling gradually diminish, over the next few days to weeks. Your legs will look (and feel) better each day. Minor hyperpigmentation of incisions may occur if you have an inherited tendency to scar. However, incisions are so small that it’s doubtful others will notice any scarring.
Do you have discolored or bulging varicose veins? Find out if you are a good candidate to benefit from ambulatory phlebectomy. Contact our experienced vein doctors at the Sugar Land offices of Metro Vein Centers in Houston for an examination of your varicose veins and discussion of treatment options.