Training & Affiliations
Meet Dr. Schulz
Dr. Richard Schulz, D.O., M.B.A., FACOS, DFACOS brings with him over 20 years of expertise as he provides comprehensive vein care to the Dearborn and Rochester Hills communities.
Dr. Schulz has a far-reaching history of serving the Michigan medical community. Prior to joining Metro Vein Centers, he was Chief of Staff and an attending surgeon at University of Michigan Health, and previously held positions as Chief of Surgery at Memorial Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health System.
As an Associate and Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at Michigan State and Central Michigan Universities, Dr. Schulz understands the importance of educating not only the next generation of healthcare providers, but also his patients regarding their care.
Dr. Schulz completed medical school at A.T. Still University in Missouri and went on to complete his General Surgery Residency at St. John’s Detroit Riverview Hospital. He has also received a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Houston.
“I believe a strong physician and patient relationship to be a vital component in providing optimal care. These relationships are ones in which we work together to accomplish a common desired goal, and are built on the foundations of mutual respect, education, and dignity.”Dr. Richard SchulzBoard-Certified Surgeon and Vein Specialist
Real Patient Reviews
Dr. Schulz’s ReviewsRead The Reviews
- “I had a great experience with Dr. Schulz. He’s very down to earth and had a clear way of communicating. He had a way of putting me at ease and laid out my options for treatment in a pretty straightforward way.”LauraRochester Hills
- “Dr. Schulz is one of the best around. He has a well-informed way of telling you exactly what might be going on without making it sound overly complicated.”DavidDearborn
- “Wonderful experience with Dr. Schulz. He’s caring and informative.”MaryRochester Hills
- “Dr. Schulz is a hero. We got along in a way that put my worries at ease, considering I had a pretty serious case of varicose veins. I’m very grateful for him.”SeanDearborn
- “Dr. Schulz was able to quickly diagnose something that I thought would end up being a major surgery someday, but he used top-of-the-line technology to alleviate my pain once and for all.”HelenDearborn
- See All Reviews
Articles from our Vein SpecialistsRead More
- 11 Min ReadSclerotherapy
4 Things to Expect from Sclerotherapy Treatment
- 15 Min ReadVein Care 101
What to Expect at Your Appointment with a Vein Specialist
- 12 Min ReadMyth Busting
Myth Busting: Does Blue Light Therapy Work for Varicose or Spider Veins?
- 16 Min Read
Common Signs and Symptoms of Venous Disease
- 8 Min Readmicrophlebectomy
Five Things You Should Know about Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Read More